“And then Biella has been doing some thinking about Trevor’s call for a Disciplinary Heretics Manifesto. In order to avoid disciplinary “death, rigidity and petrifaction,” she offers up the following (very sound) advice:
1. make sure to do many things out of the academy
2. partake in forms of movement
3. see your field just as much or more as a methodology than as a discipline
4. have fun
5. always hold a novice outlook
And to this list, I would add one more thing: cultivate relationships with people who share these basic goals and desires - and there are many - but don’t give too much energy to those who don’t.”
- From: david (http://www.davidslog.com/post/26667369)
- Robert: I do get pretty angry at people who reblog certain posts without adding anything
- Robert: like it's one thing if it's a funny video or something
- Robert: but if it's you being like "I really don't know what deodorant to wear today."
- Robert: I'mm like "why the fuck did someone reblog that"
- Robert: "Do they also have deodorant issues I WILL NEVER KNOW BECAUSE THEY DID NOT EXTRAPOLATE"